Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-11-2010, 05:15 PM

Default Hunting Trip, video/pictures.

Hey Everyone,

I dont post here too often but I do read very often.

I wanted to ask for an experinced hunter(s) who are interested in either a needed non-shooting member of there hunting party that would be able to tag along to film the amazing hunts that are, and going to happen this season.

I am a semi-professional (not formally educated) cinematographer who is an avid outdoors person and hunter but all three of the people I can go hunting with this year took time off that was seperate from me or when I was working, so during this hunting season I have no good tags or times to go.

What I want to offer is anyone going on a hunting trip (perferabley not overnight, unless really serious) and to film it to test out the equipment I have and hopefully capture a few good hunts this season.

A few notes for interested people:

This will not be sold, distributed or distorted in anyway. I (for lack of a better word) hate people who use other people for there own poltical/financial gain. I am serious member of the firearm and hunting community and don't want bad light on any of us or our activities.

Saying that, I follow ALL laws and regulations and will not participate in anything that is illegal or unethical to my view. As well I like many people love to drink but NOT when or before hunting.

I know I am asking YOU a favor but it will take time and effort on both ends so please only contact me if your serious.

This should also be fun, entertaining and educational, this is not a 'tactical operation' to get the deer, though maybe in the future .

This is not for unplanned (spur of the moment) hunting trips. As much as possible I would like to have this planned as much as possible.

This is not for un-experienced hunters (I need to budget my time wisely, time is money! :P) Not meaning to insult people but if I take time to do this I cant be walking around in an area you dont know well getting lost and have to call Mantracker

This is going to be based out of Calgary as much as possible. Sorry for people farther away, I do not drive that often and dont want to travel absurdly far away unless worth it.

I know that is a long post and I am probably coming off arrogant and I am not meaning to. Everything above is subject to change as well since this for now is just an idea and more then anything I want your guys input

If you are interested in letting me tag along please contact me by PM or please discuss what you think of this idea I will reply as soon as I am able.