Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 03:13 AM
Banned

Default God what you drink doesnt make you manly

Im so tired of people automatically making fun of guys that drink drinks like magaritas and mojitos. This one waitress called my friend princess and he did not like it so he told her off. Everyone just told him to drink something else. Im sorry but his triple mojito packs a whole lot more punch than the beer everyone else is drinking. If im going to pay $10 a drink im going to make sure it tastes good. Sorry about the rant people. If eating and drinking nasty things makes you manly then im the manliest guy around. I eat durian and balut like there's no tomorrow. Anyone that knows what durian tastes like will know that if you havent acquired the taste then you will puke.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:23 AM
Banned

It's ok princess.. ENjoy your nap.
The men will be downstairs....

LOLOLOLOLOL

Honestly, who gives a crap. I enjoy Rum and coke. You might enjoy something different.

Just have some fun is all I say.
But if we cant tease you,....;.........
WHATS THE POINT!!!

Jamie
Old 02-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
It's ok princess.. ENjoy your nap.
The men will be downstairs....

LOLOLOLOLOL

Honestly, who gives a crap. I enjoy Rum and coke. You might enjoy something different.

Just have some fun is all I say.
But if we cant tease you,....;.........
WHATS THE POINT!!!

Jamie
Oh i got no problem with my friends teasing me. I had a problem with my friend being teased by the waitress. Its just bad customer service.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:34 AM

Lol a 3 am post about waitresses and mojito's? Hmmmmmmmm

Son Step away from the keyboard!

You are under arrest for suspicion of impaired posting. lol

I am going to have to take you downtown for a threadalizer test.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Lol a 3 am post about waitresses and mojito's? Hmmmmmmmm

Son Step away from the keyboard!

You are under arrest for suspicion of impaired posting. lol

I am going to have to take you downtown for a threadalizer test.
Lol I'm actually sober I just work nights. Gotta love these new phones.soon I won't even use a computer.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnut9 View Post
Im so tired of people automatically making fun of guys that drink drinks like magaritas and mojitos. This one waitress called my friend princess and he did not like it so he told her off. Everyone just told him to drink something else. Im sorry but his triple mojito packs a whole lot more punch than the beer everyone else is drinking. If im going to pay $10 a drink im going to make sure it tastes good. Sorry about the rant people. If eating and drinking nasty things makes you manly then im the manliest guy around. I eat durian and balut like there's no tomorrow. Anyone that knows what durian tastes like will know that if you havent acquired the taste then you will puke.
OK, what is durian and balut??

"She took all my money, she wrecked my new car, now she's with one of my good time buddies, and they're drinkin' in some cross town bar"!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Banned

drinking a mojito doesn't make you a princess...but crying about being teased does.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:43 AM

Default Letter to God

When I first read the heading I thought it was a letter to GOD...

Puntuation :;"? or punctuation . I thought this is what it comes to

on here .I've bird hunting with Jamie , ease up on the Rum and Coke

straight Carrot Juice ....is my suggestion >>>>>
Old 02-20-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
drinking a mojito doesn't make you a princess...but crying about being teased does.
Thanks rugatika.
Just got my head turned in time so I didn't spit coffee all over the lap top.
lol
Old 02-20-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Lol I'm actually sober I just work nights. Gotta love these new phones.soon I won't even use a computer.
I thought your spelling was too good for impaired posting. lol
Old 02-20-2011, 08:00 AM
Banned

O.K.,that right there is the funniest post in ages,a barmaid trashes you for girlie drinks
Next time order it WITHOUT THE LITTLE UMBRELLA.
Man up.......................sweetie
Old 02-20-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
O.K.,that right there is the funniest post in ages,a barmaid trashes you for girlie drinks
Next time order it WITHOUT THE LITTLE UMBRELLA.
Man up.......................sweetie
Lol and he was even sober. I thought it was a silly thing to post whilst drinking.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:27 AM

I used to drink Scotch , sometimes rye.
I liked beer , too.
Sometimes rye and beer back, sometimes I liked to have a cognac.
I was also partial to 'shine every now and then.
Of course, mixed drinks were okay as well.
I don't drink anywore for obvious reasons, they just weren't obvious to ME at the time!!
Cat
Old 02-20-2011, 08:35 AM

Default Lol

OK when you put your sisters dress back in the closet, check out this Man laws...all good for a laugh and pass it on to your...er "Friend" LMAO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_Laws
Old 02-20-2011, 08:47 AM

Thought I would mention I drink wolf urine mixed with kerosene. Just the other day a waitress teased me about the twist of lime.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Gone Hunting

I've been called plenty of things, but I really believe I will leave this rock without being called a princess.

Of course I don't drink stuff a princess would drink.
I also don't wear what a princess would wear, and I certainly don't go out with princes.
Don't have a princess 'do', and always pitch, never catch.

Ya see as an rough and rowdy outdoorsman and killer of stuff, I learned a long time ago if it walks like a princess and talks like a princess it likely is one.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-20-2011, 09:02 AM

I have a hunting buddy that is less than half my age. I have to say that he is great company, an awesome hunter and can call turkeys like no one I've ever seen.

But the drinks........ Sheeez. We went on a 4 day turkey hunting trip. I took a bottle of good scotch and a couple of bottles of Amarone to have with supper.

...and he comes with a plastic mickey of Sour Apple ? I think he also had something pink that smelled like peaches. I did have to ask him if he got beat up a lot when he wore the skirt and played with dollies.

I suspect that he wouldn't cry in front of a waitress though.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Banned

Don't worry about the waitress thing! I'm sure it was a harmless jab, most likely meant to secure a new friend to go purse shopping with! Does your friend use the same tampons that you do? You should probably switch to something a little more robust, it seems that you have sand in your ovaries from playing in the schoolyard with the rest of the little girls! LoL!

Now don't go getting all ornery, if you post a rant about mojitos and rude waitresses on here you'd better be prepared to take a few shots. No harm intended, just a little fun on a Sunday morning.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:16 AM

I would simply explain to the waitress, that "Princess" will be paying the tip. Her attitude might change very suddenly.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:43 AM

This thread makes me howl!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:53 AM

As someone who considers himself ambiliqourous (able to drink pretty much anything with either hand), I have found these rules helpful in the past.
(lifted from http://www.drinkplanner.com/2008/05/...ng-like-a-man/)

The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like a Man.

Guys, I hate to say it…but a lot of you are letting me down. More importantly, you’re letting yourselves and your gender down. Every time I go out to a bar and I see a guy with a purple or pink shot in their hand, a small part of Burt Reynolds’s mustache dies. When I venture out to a restaurant and I see a man with a martini that is any other color than clear, I am forced to say a small weeping prayer for the future of mankind. Now I don’t mean to turn this into a post strictly directed at guys, because ladies…this is of the utmost importance to you too. What a person drinks says quite a bit about who they are, and if the man at your side prefers drinks with umbrellas over ones with whiskey, well…you’ve got some serious decisions to make. So without further ado, I present:

THE 10 COMMANDMENTS FOR DRINKING LIKE A MAN.

1. Thou Shalt Learn to Enjoy Whisk(e)y – Bourbon, Scotch, Irish, Tennessee whiskey and every other form of the drink shall heretofore be your best buddy. You can start by mixing with soda at first to ween yourself into it if you need to (Jim Beam and Coke is a perfectly acceptable manly drink), but at some point you’re going to have to learn to drink the stuff on its own. It’s a complex, mysterious and brooding spirit, which are not coincidentally three things you as a man should also strive to be. This commandment is the most important, and the hardest to get through, which is why it’s first. If you can master the ways of Daniels, Walker, Dickel, Jameson and Glenlivet…the rest of this should be cake.

If she can do it, so can you, you big lady

2. There is No Such Thing as a “Chocolate Martini” – This has been said elsewhere many a time before, but it bears repeating. The only things that should be in a martini are gin (or a quality vodka), vermouth, and garnish like an olive or onion. Anything else, and you’ve made a grave mistake punishable by a lifetime of Grey’s Anatomy reruns.

3. Thou Shalt Not Drink a Frozen Drink – The ONLY exception to this is if you’re at the beach or on a cruise. Otherwise, stick to hunks of ice or chilled mugs to cool your drink. Alcohol is not meant to be drunk in smoothie form.

4. Thou Shalt Not Consume Drinks With Idiotic Gimmicky Names Meant to Cover Up How Girly They Are – So help me God, if I see any of you *******es out there with a Sex on the Beach or a Screw Me Blue in your hands, I’ll slap it to the ground and eat your worthless soul so fast you’ll truly come to appreciate the phrase “life flashed before my eyes” like never before. You’re not fooling anyone. Just because peach schnapps has some alcohol in it does not qualify it as an alcoholic beverage. It has its place in the great wide world of booze, but mixed up with 18 other fruit-flavored alcohols and garnished with a paper umbrella and stupid name ain’t it.

5. Thou Shalt Learn to Appreciate All Forms of Beer – If Natty Light, Keystone and Coors are your idea of what beer is and is meant to be, you’re living your drinking-life like that of a child in sub-Saharan Africa. Bring that inner impoverished child into the “civilized” world and open your dry crusty wind-chapped eyes to the world of ambers, stouts, saisons, hefeweissens and the multitude of heavenly hops-angels just waiting to surround you and give you a glimpse of the Promised Land. While you’re still getting over your silly stigma that Guinness is a “heavy” beer and cringing at the thought of a slice of lemon in your Hoegaarden, the rest of us will be happily melting our brains away into oblivion. With the superhot hops-angels, of course.

Get used to it, Jack

6. No Worthwhile Woman Will Ever Be Impressed With How Much You Can Drink – Being able to funnel six beers at once or taking down an entire fifth of rum in one night may impress the **** out of your buddies, but no quality woman on earth will give a damn about how much you can drink. For that matter it’s really not worth even trying, as trying and failing will produce far more disgusting consequences than you ever bargained on. Let it be known: while some refer to alcohol as “Liquid Panty Remover”, puke is far better known as “Liquid Loneliness”.

7. It’s More Than Okay to Drink Wine – Knowing the name of a few good Cabernets and Pinot Noirs is a highly valuable thing. Inevitably in your life you’ll need to go to expensive restaurants for anniversaries, birthdays, and pet funerals… and knowing what’s good vs. what tastes like grape-flavored vinegar not only makes you look smart and sophisticated, but saves you from drinking grapes that taste like they were fermented in horse****. Become familiar with the ins-and-outs of a few wines, and the impression you’ll make will be well worth it. Being labeled as “cultured” is never a bad thing…being labeled as “ignorant” always is.

8. It’s Worth it to Learn the Rules and Traditions of the Drinking World Before You Go Out Into the Wild (and Make an Ass Out of Yourself) – Pro Tip: When drinking one of the aforementioned obligatory wines at one of the aforementioned stuffy and overpriced restaurants, do not sniff the cork. Check it for mold or odd discoloration, and then put it down…but do not sniff it like a damned country bumpkin. Pro Tip 2: Do not make a big show of popping the cork off a bottle of champagne. Hold a cloth or towel over the cork and catch it before it shoots into the ceiling. It’s the grown-up thing to do. There are a thousand small rules like these (or maybe “customs” is a better word?) surrounding the booze-life that knowing can be the difference between you looking like a showboating know-nothing *******, or a refined gentleman of great taste and culture. The two mentioned here are a start, but take the time to learn what separates grown men from the forever-frat-boys and you’ll be more than a few steps ahead.

Welcome to Azzholeville, population: YOU

9. The Way You Treat Bartenders and Waitstaff Says More About You Than You Know - I don’t mean to get all Jesus-y on you guys, but as the Good Book says, “That which you have done unto the least of these, you have done unto me.” And I can tell you, that’s exactly how a woman or prospective business associate will see it. Snapping, clapping, yelling, whistling or just general rudeness to someone waiting on you are a sure sign to anyone in your company that if they spend enough time around you, you’ll eventually treat them with the same selfish nonchalance and disdain that you treat those who are paid to be nice to you. And for crying out loud, TIP WELL. You have no idea how far this can take you.

10. Any Free Drink is a Good Drink – I know, this seemingly negates some of the previous rules, but hear me out. Not even mentioning the many economical reasons that you should never ever in your life turn down a free drink when offered to you (which essentially boil down to: YOU’RE NOT BUYING IT AND IT’S NOT POISON, SO WHO CARES!?!), it’s just plain RUDE to turn down a shot or drink purchased by someone else for you (unless it is, in fact, poison). They’ve not only put down their hard-earned dollar to buy you a taste of the good life, but they’ve also taken the social gamble of saying “Hey, this is a person who deserves a drink for saving babies/stopping (evil) moving trains/kicking my ass in Guitar Hero, and by golly…I’m going to buy them a beverage in public to show the world how noteworthy their accomplishment is!” That’s quite simply a proposition you can’t say no to. If you do, you’re a dick.

Much like the Bible, there are many more minor rules to the world of drinking, but these are the Big 10, the ones that in a general sense should guide you throughout your journey through this magical world of booze and keep you from temptation and harm. It’s a cold and frightening world out there, but by following these simple rules you definitely have a better chance of emerging unscathed.

So there you have it......and if your waitress 'teases' you about your drink, tease her back about something, call her 'darlin' or 'honey', and don't get your panties all in a wad. Life is too short to get bent, princess.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-20-2011, 10:09 AM

To the op. Tell your friend to clean the sand out of his panties and man up. Mojitos are definitely not cowboy!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:32 AM

Good one Twisted...
Old 02-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
As you can see by many of the posts here there is still a big "stereotype thing" about what is manly and it is not always but mostly a joke.

What I would like to know from your original post is what does "GOD" have to do with it???

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 02-20-2011, 10:56 AM

Lol love the Sinatra quote at the end.

This ought to clear things up.

Well not the god part but everything after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eTClUMSIdQ
Old 02-20-2011, 11:00 AM

i like you twisted canuck ! in a manly(whiskey, beer) not princess(strawberry coolers) kind of way!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Banned

Default Mojito Joke

A city boy walks into a backwoods redneck bar and orders a triple mojito..........the bar turns silent.
The bartender strikes up a conversation:

Bartender: "Where are you from?"
Fella: "The city"
Bartender: "What do you do there?"
Fella: "I'm a taxidermist"
Bartender: "What's a taxidermist do?"
Fella: "I mount animals"

The bartender turns to the patrons in the bar and says: "IT'S OKAY FELLAS, HE'S ONE OF US!"
Old 02-20-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
God drink double rye and cokes exclusively. I know, he told me... that's what I drink.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:09 AM

This pertains to the situation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJ8mCV39M8
Old 02-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
What I would like to know from your original post is what does "GOD" have to do with it???
There should be a comma after the God part.

"God, what you drink doesn't make you manly"

"Oh my goodness" might have been a better fit on this thread.
Closed Thread