Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:00 PM
chubbdarter's Avatar
chubbdarter chubbdarter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cowtown
Posts: 6,655
Default Opening week end results

how did everyone do?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:01 PM
chubbdarter's Avatar
chubbdarter chubbdarter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cowtown
Posts: 6,655
Default

Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7
hmm i think friday or was it saturday there was 3 kids that told me how to fsh the lake. like therre honey holes lol. seen lots of trout under the bridges but wouldnt take much. i think there after cronamids

ah i was there briefly sunday am.....you see all the dead brookies?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:05 PM
bubbles bubbles is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary
Posts: 142
Default

Was out on sunday at Travers.

between 2 of us we hooked 12 Walleye and 1 pike.

Good day except the Asian's on shore keeping every thing they caught

under the regs limit on size
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Dust1n Dust1n is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 4,306
Default

i couldnt find any brookies sadley and if i did they didnt apear to me. only a few bows. browns, carp, pike and perch.
the brookies were by the colvert last year. and by the little bay now there gone.
the bow was in 4fow beside a big rock. couldnt quite catch him an extr 5-10 foot cast would have though.
i was fishing on the bottom half of the pond.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:09 PM
chubbdarter's Avatar
chubbdarter chubbdarter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cowtown
Posts: 6,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Was out on sunday at Travers.

between 2 of us we hooked 12 Walleye and 1 pike.

Good day except the Asian's on shore keeping every thing they caught
hahahhhhaha thats so funny.....if they were white...would you say.......

Good day except the White people on shore keeping every thing they caught
or

Good day except the fisherpeople on shore keeping every thing they caught

or

Good day except the Poachers on shore keeping every thing they caught
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Dust1n Dust1n is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 4,306
Default

chubbs what did u hook into at nic
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:11 PM
bubbles bubbles is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
hahahhhhaha thats so funny.....if they were white...would you say.......

Good day except the White people on shore keeping every thing they caught
or

Good day except the fisherpeople on shore keeping every thing they caught

or

Good day except the Poachers on shore keeping every thing they caught
well im not racist but that's the best way to explane who they were ... could not follow them back to there car to write down there plate because there was way to many of them and they all look the same.. plus we were out on the boat...

i guess i could of said fisherpeople ...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:11 PM
chubbdarter's Avatar
chubbdarter chubbdarter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cowtown
Posts: 6,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
i couldnt find any brookies sadley and if i did they didnt apear to me. only a few bows. browns, carp, pike and perch.
the brookies were by the colvert last year. and by the little bay now there gone.
the bow was in 4fow beside a big rock. couldnt quite catch him an extr 5-10 foot cast would have though.
i was fishing on the bottom half of the pond.
I saw 3 puffy floaters across from the launch.....wife took 1 look and said we are outta here
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:13 PM
chubbdarter's Avatar
chubbdarter chubbdarter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cowtown
Posts: 6,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
well im not racist but that's the best way to explane who they were ... could not follow them back to there car to write down there plate because there was way to many of them and they all look the same.. plus we were out on the boat...

i guess i could of said fisherpeople ...


lol.....hahhahaahhhahhhaha

you get any big eyes?

Last edited by chubbdarter; 05-09-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Dust1n Dust1n is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 4,306
Default

didnt even fish there...although i watched in the morning they went out of that hug bay and went into the channels. and at dusk they all went into the big bay. off the big/main bridge. northern section. how big were te brookies/ and any color to em?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:17 PM
chubbdarter's Avatar
chubbdarter chubbdarter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cowtown
Posts: 6,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
didnt even fish there...although i watched in the morning they went out of that hug bay and went into the channels. and at dusk they all went into the big bay. off the big/main bridge. northern section. how big were te brookies/ and any color to em?
my guess 3-4 lbs.....the part of their bodies not submerged was reallly colorful
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Dust1n Dust1n is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 4,306
Default

thought so. i got to fingure out how to get the brookies in there,,,,
mabe just not at the right time and spot.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Jwood 456's Avatar
Jwood 456 Jwood 456 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West of Edmonton
Posts: 1,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
thought so. i got to fingure out how to get the brookies in there,,,,
mabe just not at the right time and spot.
When I was fishing a brook trout pond, I couldn't keep the brookies off of a the small orange backswimmer jig I was using. The brookies should be really hungry seeing that the ice is freshly off of the lake and there are still a lack of bugs for them to feed on. Also, maybe try a small mepps type spinner. I have seen brookies chase those spinners as if they were possesed.
__________________
"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught." ~Author Unknown

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.


Last edited by Jwood 456; 05-09-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Fishfinder's Avatar
Fishfinder Fishfinder is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Medicine Hat
Posts: 1,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
how did everyone do?
Saturday
-Bullshead - Skunked grrr (lake's got my number last couple outtings)
-Michelle res - several bows all around 13-15"ish
Sunday
-SSR - 3 walters biggest looked to be about 4-5# it was 25", 2 burb largest being 30", 1 sturg at 50.5"
Today
-SSR - 3 sturg largest around 3'(guessing, never measured any), and 1 giant crayfish lol. O and a couple suckas of course.

Was a fun extended weekend for me. Looking forward to the next one already

Cheers n GL!

Last edited by Fishfinder; 05-09-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Dust1n Dust1n is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 4,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood 456 View Post
When I was fishing a brook trout pond, I couldn't keep the brookies off of a the small orange backswimmer jig I was using. The brookies should be really hungry seeing that the ice is freshly off of the lake and there are still a lack of bugs for them to feed on. Also, maybe try a small mepps type spinner. I have seen brookies chase those spinners as if they were possesed.
i hate spinners lol.
and im sure i could easly kill the brookeis if i was using my spinning rod. i was fly fishing. i just couldnt spot any. same with at the other spot. were there was tons of brookies.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:44 PM
FishingFrenzy FishingFrenzy is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,844
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
well im not racist but that's the best way to explane who they were ... could not follow them back to there car to write down there plate because there was way to many of them and they all look the same.. plus we were out on the boat...

i guess i could of said fisherpeople ...
LOL!!!!!


Lakes are still closed up here.. but may 20th im hittin Coal for some pike on topwaters!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Dust1n Dust1n is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 4,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingFrenzy View Post
LOL!!!!!


Lakes are still closed up here.. but may 20th im hittin Coal for some pike on topwaters!
same here most of our laes open around may 21
after blindman river im off to sylvan lake.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:53 PM
chubbdarter's Avatar
chubbdarter chubbdarter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cowtown
Posts: 6,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
Saturday
-Bullshead - Skunked grrr (lake's got my number last couple outtings)
-Michelle res - several bows all around 13-15"ish
Sunday
-SSR - 3 walters biggest looked to be about 4-5# it was 25", 2 burb largest being 30", 1 sturg at 50.5"
Today
-SSR - 3 sturg largest around 3'(guessing, never measured any), and 1 giant crayfish lol. O and a couple suckas of course.

Was a fun extended weekend for me. Looking forward to the next one already

Cheers n GL!
how was run up river?

congrats on good week-end
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Fishfinder's Avatar
Fishfinder Fishfinder is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Medicine Hat
Posts: 1,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
how was run up river?

congrats on good week-end
Thanx, actually for time put in, expected to be a bit better but no complaints at all, some nice fishies caught Seen a weird lil sucka caught that's body was all bent outta whack almost in the shape of an "S" but appeared healthy?

Run up river?.....do u mean conditions?...sorry lil slow here lol. Assuming so, it is quite dirty/murky but it usually is, relatively slow current, and I would say slighty above average water level, never got a water temp anywhere. Was in 2 different spots today and yesterday.
Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
chubbdarter's Avatar
chubbdarter chubbdarter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cowtown
Posts: 6,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
Thanx, actually for time put in, expected to be a bit better but no complaints at all, some nice fishies caught Seen a weird lil sucka caught that's body was all bent outta whack almost in the shape of an "S" but appeared healthy?

Run up river?.....do u mean conditions?...sorry lil slow here lol. Assuming so, it is quite dirty/murky but it usually is, relatively slow current, and I would say slighty above average water level, never got a water temp anywhere. Was in 2 different spots today and yesterday.
Cheers
saw a few hull bats floating down by Monarch....wondering how the lower stream was like
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:23 PM
npauls's Avatar
npauls npauls is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 3,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7
hmm i think friday or was it saturday there was 3 kids that told me how to fsh the lake. like therre honey holes lol. seen lots of trout under the bridges but wouldnt take much. i think there after cronamids

ah i was there briefly sunday am.....you see all the dead brookies?
The stocking must not have went so good if there was a bunch of dead brookies.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:27 PM
horsetrader horsetrader is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 4,018
Default

had a good week end went out and got 2 BASS and a CAT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Edmonton-20110509-00034.jpg (113.7 KB, 302 views)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:29 PM
chubbdarter's Avatar
chubbdarter chubbdarter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cowtown
Posts: 6,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
had a good week end went out and got 2 BASS and a CAT

little slow HT.....whats the matter your gongshow radar batteries die...lol
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:35 PM
npauls's Avatar
npauls npauls is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 3,977
Default

I dropped my boat into chin for the day. Me and the old man landed around 10 walleyes for the day but were all pretty small. It was alot slower then I thought it would be and I ended up having some issues with my motor. Hopefully its all straightened out in the next couple weeks and I can get to Travers to test it out and hook some more eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:35 PM
boot boot is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
well im not racist but that's the best way to explane who they were ... could not follow them back to there car to write down there plate because there was way to many of them and they all look the same.. plus we were out on the boat...

i guess i could of said fisherpeople ...
Haha, stupidity at its finest. Shouldn't there be a minimum education requirement to use the Internet? Maybe grade 7?

Last edited by boot; 05-09-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:40 PM
horsetrader horsetrader is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
little slow HT.....whats the matter your gongshow radar batteries die...lol
Tired little off my game going to have to quit work it's starting to interfere to much ....lol.... will try harder
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:54 PM
chubbdarter's Avatar
chubbdarter chubbdarter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cowtown
Posts: 6,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
Tired little off my game going to have to quit work it's starting to interfere to much ....lol.... will try harder
did you fish this week end?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:58 PM
horsetrader horsetrader is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
did you fish this week end?
yea played around some ponds for perch took the wife out.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-09-2011, 11:15 PM
chubbdarter's Avatar
chubbdarter chubbdarter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cowtown
Posts: 6,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
yea played around some ponds for perch took the wife out.
fished with a dear old buddy from the states
and my bestest fishing partner-my wife.
buddy was hung over ..lol ...caught alot of fish though
Wife kicked my azz in the big eye divison.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-09-2011, 11:51 PM
horsetrader horsetrader is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
fished with a dear old buddy from the states
and my bestest fishing partner-my wife.
buddy was hung over ..lol ...caught alot of fish though
Wife kicked my azz in the big eye divison.
They never seem to let you forget it either ....lol
Mine fishes with me 90% of the time ice and open water
Happy wife Happy life...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.