Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-25-2011, 10:03 AM

Default Looking for fly fishing places

Hi,

I'm new to calgary and my son and i 10 yrs old are wondering where we can go flying fishing River with no boat. Camp for a couple of days as well. I was told kananaskis was really good, but not sure where to put in and camp and fish. We don't mind if we have to hike up stream and fish our way down.

Or is Banff a better place to camp and fish. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 06-25-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisdude View Post
Hi,

I'm new to calgary and my son and i 10 yrs old are wondering where we can go flying fishing River with no boat. Camp for a couple of days as well. I was told kananaskis was really good, but not sure where to put in and camp and fish. We don't mind if we have to hike up stream and fish our way down.

Or is Banff a better place to camp and fish. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
welcome to the forum!!! you should buy a map book, and look into the forestry trunk road. i would get on it at the high wood house (the stretch of river between longview and the highwood house is awesome fishing with big bulls to be had) and once you get on the trunk road your possibilities are endless. Cataract creek, etherington, ect and if you make good time you will end up on the crownest river so you really cant go wrong. lots of places (beautiful) to fish, hike and camp all along that road and there is fish a plenty. good luck
Old 06-25-2011, 11:17 AM

Drop me a line I would be happy to head out with you and show you a few spots. All the streams are unfishable as of now as you know. Maybe a road trip is in order. Can take an afternoon and go for a little drive and show you a few locations if you like. Could start in K Country and come out at Clear lake. Its a nice little drive and tons of spots for fishing and camping along the way to show you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing